All of our members have professional indemnity insurance. which protects customers
in the event that the member acts negligently.
Training and Experience
Full members meet one of the following 3 criteria:
1) is a member of a professional body which regulates their conduct, e.g. a Solicitor,
Barrister, Legal Executive, Social Worker., or
2) has a law qualification, or other qualification relevant to their field of work,
which is equivalent to A level or above, or
3) Has worked for 20+ hours a week as a McKenzie Friend for 3 years +.
Probationary members are working towards one of the above criteria.
Code of Conduct
1) Our members comply with the court rules governing the conduct of McKenzie Friends,
which can be read here.
2) Our members comply with the Civil Justice Council Code of Conduct for McKenzie
Friends, which can be read here.
3) Our members have confirmed to us they are not disbarred from practice by the Law
Society, the Bar Council, or by any other professional body.
4) Our members process personal information in the manner required by the Data Protection
Act, and are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you are a customer of one our members and you believe he/she has not complied
with any of the above criteria, we will investigate your complaint., If you remain
dissatisfied, we shall refer the complaint to an external adjudicator. Please email
details to: firstname.lastname@example.org.